Thursday, August 18, 2005

Clean

A couple of weeks ago, when the New Med started kicking in, I cleaned my kitchen pretty thoroughly. Then, I started looking around and thought to myself "Oh dear. This house is filthy."

I did what any woman would do in my position - I called my mother. We commiserated for a few minutes about my filthy house, and I asked her to come help me clean it. I was kidding. Mom was serious. She said she would run it by my dad first, but she would give me $200 to get the house cleaned. She sent the money on the condition that I would use it for that purpose.

Of course, we spent hours and hours yesterday pre-cleaning. Picking stuff up, throwing and putting it away. Amazing how much work has to be done just so cleaning can begin.

The cleaners showed up at 8:20, a little early. They cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. The owner was along; she's an ex-Marine. Marines are very clean. My father used to be a Marine, and he's the tidiest person I know. I hired this company because the owner used to be a Marine. They did an amazing job. My house is SHINY. It looks positively lovely. Now, I think I want to paint.

My parents are just the best.

On the downside, I blew my interview this morning. Oh, the interview went OK, but I was late. And late is fatal.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A clean house?! Hold on a sec, let me close my eyes and try to imagine my house clean. . . Nope! Can't do it.

Isn't it a lift to your spirits? And how lame are we that a clean house or a dirty house affects our moods?

I am glad that you are in the clean house mood now.

-Lori

8/18/2005 05:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!

When you get your new job and get everything paid up and you are RICH, you can pay it forward and help me with mine!

8/18/2005 08:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home