Monday, August 29, 2005

Helpless

This morning was pretty difficult. I spent a lot of time watching the news, and it wasn't good. I ate breakfast, then came up and watched a little more news, then got on the internet. I zoned into some non-hurricane web sites and just read things, and it was so nice. So, I decided that I didn't want to spend a lot of time sitting around wondering what was happening chez nous.

We went to lunch, as I said in yesterday's post. And then we went to Space Center Houston, a visitor's center/activity center adjacent to the Johnson Space Center. I thought it was closer to our hotel than it was, but it was still a very good idea. We were gone for over four hours, and we played and enjoyed the place, and I didn't think once about my house.

But now it's back to reality, and I'm mighty apprehensive about it. Aside from the information that I-10 between St. Tammany Parish and Orleans parish being severely damaged, this is the only thing I've read specifically about my area, and it's not good at all.

Thanks to all for your concern and kind wishes. We're planning on staying here at least until Wednesday morning. I don't know what we'll do after that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Trail Seeker said...

It is so sad to think what many people have gone through and emotions involved. The news today didn't paint a pretty picture of your region. I am hoping the best for you and Randy.

8/30/2005 12:48:00 AM  
Blogger Miranda said...

((Ann and Family))

8/30/2005 07:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs from Hope, too. Last night my son and I walked on a trail near our home. Everybody we saw seemed really cheerful and happy and I felt like we were all in sync with being grateful to be here where we are all safe and dry and content. May all those feelings of safety return to you soon.

8/30/2005 08:33:00 AM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

Ann, Chez Phoebe has room for your little family if you need a place to stay.

8/30/2005 08:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been in my thoughts, Ann. Jo

8/30/2005 10:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home