Friday, August 26, 2005

Nope

I didn't get the job. I really thought it was mine for the taking, but they hired someone else. This person is "a year away from a computer science degree." I read that as "younger." Also, somebody taking an entry-level job who is, indeed, entry level, while at the same time having more SQL experience than I do.

Does this sound bitter? I don't mean it to, really. Them's the breaks. The hiring manager was very positive and encouraging and "it's a shame we only have one opening, we'll keep your resume handy, we're a growing company." The job was in a sales department, so he spread it pretty thick :) Still, it's nice that he made the effort.

Some sour grapes: it REALLY wasn't enough money.

Finally, some self-berating: now, it REALLY sucks that I blew the hospital interview. It sucks REALLY bad. Grrr.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phoebe said...

Sorry. It could be my fault; I accidently uncrossed my fingers when I fell asleep the past few nights. Well -- I'm still impressed. You interview for cool jobs.

8/26/2005 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Randy said...

Aw, Ann, that just plain sucks. And you do interview for cool jobs.

8/26/2005 10:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are we always job hunting at the same time? One of us needs to get a job so the other one can get hired too. It's a universal balance thing.

-Lis (PixelFish)

8/29/2005 01:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home