Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Ohio

We're going to Columbus for a few days. Maybe a week. My family is there, and it will be free. After a week, if we still can't go home, maybe we'll go to Gainesville and see the in-laws.

There's a lot more general news out of Slidell, but nothing really specific. Apparently, the damage is really bad. Randy linked to some pictures from the area on Complicated Shadows. More information keeps coming in, and none of it's good. I did hear a piece of an interview on WBRZ-TV in Baton Rouge, where the reporter said her photographer lived 3 1/2 miles from I-10 and Gause Blvd., and while there were some trees down and shingles blown off, his house had no other damage at all.

Here's hoping he lives in my neighborhood.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miranda said...

Shoot me an email if you want a break and we can meet up in Findlay or something. You have my home email or miranda0443@yahoo.com will work.

8/30/2005 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger Trail Seeker said...

Thanks also for the updates, it's my hope your placed faired well. Maybe it's time to visit Oregon, you would have a place to stay :-)

Have you heard from your family concerning the storm and the rain they must have gotten?

8/30/2005 02:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home