Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Plan

Randy and I apparently read the same things. The story he tells of the guy who sneaked into his neighborhood, assessed the situation, then went back to Baton Rouge, has inspired us. We live in the neighborhood right next to this guy, and we are going to try to sneak in and get our stuff. Then we're heading out to Columbus, via Birmingham (where we'll stay the night).

They may not let us in. That's OK. At least we will have tried. We have a list of things to do when we're there, and if we can't make them happen, we'll just keep moving, neither better nor worse off than we were for the effort.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord, it looks terrible down there. I am about 4 hours SW of Columbus if you need a stopping place on the way. I am not right on the main Hwys, however (65 & 70) I'm off St Rd. 37 that goes up through the middle of Indiana. I am going to go back and see if I still have your email and I will send my phone numbers and address in case you need a place.

I actually have a free room because of sending Em off to college and we have LOTS of Legos that Little Boy would love.

Hope

8/30/2005 09:42:00 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

I just can't even believe the roads are passable. Oh, I wish you wouldn't go there. But my thoughts are with you constantly, and I wish you success in your endeavors.

8/30/2005 09:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, I didn't realize until this very moment that you live there... My gosh, I'm so glad you were able to get away... There aren't really any words - just, be careful.

8/30/2005 10:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home