Monday, September 05, 2005

Black Hole

I thought Slidell was a black hole for communication! This is almost as bad - I don't have internet access at all, except for the library (30 minute limit, but longer if people aren't waiting) and at my in-laws - and they are blocking access to the Aimoo communities. Yargh!

I went on a picnic at a lake with my in-laws ward today. There was a wonderful freshwater beach - small, but fine nonetheless. Lunch was nice, with barbeque from Sonny's (yum!). I really, really, didn't want to go. I'm withdrawing from human contact again. So I made myself go. I'm glad I did.

I'm numb. I'm lost. I don't know what's next, beyond Friday. I've lost control of my life, and it sucks.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may have to relinquish control for a while.

My offer still stands.

Please take care of yourself the best you can. Let others take care of you if you need to.

9/05/2005 03:38:00 PM  
Blogger Trail Seeker said...

Ann, keep your head up and keep busy and keep yourself distracted. Take your boy for walks, to the museum or learn something about the town your in.

Hang in there, I learn a lot from you and your intelligent posts and look forward to reading you blog.

TS

9/05/2005 03:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can try to imagine how you must feel, but I think my imagination would be dwarfed by the reality. But we're rooting for you. I know it doesn't help you directly, but I'm going to be finding a way to get politically active so I can stop complaining about things that need to change.

Hang in there. *hugs*

-Lis

9/06/2005 03:20:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Bless your heart, glad you are able to still blog.

9/06/2005 06:34:00 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

DW is really feeling the dislocation, uncertainty, and fluidity of our situation. I'm really doing okay with things, or so I think.

Have you tried relocating your cell number? We did that the other day, so now we have Houston area codes. We can reinsert the sim cards for our old numbers once things are fixed there.

9/06/2005 08:05:00 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Sorry, I didn't mean to be quick. I understand that all of the things we are reading in the paper are a great tragedy. Even more so when it is happening to you. Your home comes right after family, and it must be terrible to be forced out. I am concerned for you. But please keep us informed as to how things are going.

9/07/2005 09:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home