Monday, November 22, 2004

I'm MUCH better now

I had thought that my last post was open but not whiny. I guess I was less successful than I hoped.

Recovering from a major or moderate depression is not a fast thing, but I'm amazed at how much better I am, how soon. When I think of how I felt most of the time two months ago vs. how I am doing now...well, it's night and day. Between the CBT and the talking therapy and generic sustained-release Wellbutrin, I'm a new woman. Or the old woman, back again. Hmm. Old woman. I don't much like the sound of that.

I figure it's sort of like recovering from a badly broken arm, or a long-term physical illness. I was incapacitated for so long that it isn't reasonable to expect that I will be participating in a ten-mile turkey day run so soon after starting to heal. I'll have to shuffle and limp for a while. But with time, I'll be walking briskly. I've never been too much into running. Bad for the knees.

Y'all are awesome to say such nice things. You're good pals.

6 Comments:

Blogger Miranda said...

You're awesome, Ann. I love you on the net and I know I'd enjoy you in person. You'd be intelligent and funny without being crass or pushy or loud.

Happy Thanksgiving!

11/23/2004 08:18:00 AM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

Ditto, ditto, and ditto on the Happy Thanksgiving.
What shall we do with our new & improved selves? Let's take us out to the movies :)

11/23/2004 08:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See how wise you are? You are absolutely right about taking your time to heal and be careful that you don't overload yourself. I think that we, as women, have this constant barrage of haveto's and gottado's running through our heads that can be overwhelming and sometimes can drown out our common sense. With the holiday madness upon us, be extra good to yourself for a while.

-Lori

11/23/2004 09:14:00 AM  
Blogger Ms-Chievous said...

Just dropping in to say "Hi Ms. Banana!" :o)

11/23/2004 02:27:00 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Grab a walkman or cd player or Ipod, put on a favorite up beat album and go out walking for an hour. Clears your head, quickens your step, and after doing that daily for a few weeks you will feel much better.
But at least keep up the writing, we like your stuff.

11/23/2004 03:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do not take more of the medication than is prescribed for you. Didrex is habit forming. You can become physically and psychologically dependent on the medication. Do not take more than the prescribed amount.

2/03/2006 08:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home